1. Be careful about focusing on yourself.
2. Reach out to help others.
a. Practice hospitality.
b. Donate time to charity.
c. Give gifts of yourself - crafting, cleaning, cooking, babysitting.
3. Get physical exercise. Be realistic - 20 minutes, 3 times a week.
4. Eat, drink, rest properly. "Be sober..." (1 Peter 5: 8-10) This means without the influence of an intoxicant.
5. Read your Bible and meditate every day.
6. Live one day at a time.
a. Set goals for today - attainable ones.
b. You only have today - don't throw it away grieving over yesterday or worrying about tomorrow.
7. Make good plans and accept invitations. "God sets the lonely in families." (Psalm 68:6)
8. Write letters, send some cards, read some books, etc.
9. Stay connected.
10. Go to church. "In the presence of Jehovah." "God inhabits the praises of His people." (Psalms 22:3)
The angel said, "Get dressed. Put on your shoes." Peter did it. (Acts 12:8, The Message) God will do for us, but He expects us to do what we can for ourselves.
Adapted from a message by First Assembly of God Women's Ministries, Fort Myers, FL